Still looking for that perfect gift for a friend or family member? Well why not make like a wise man and give a gift of gold, frankincense or myrrh?
Jewellery is the most obvious choice of course but here are a couple of other suggestions.
– a bottle of their preferred tipple with gold flakes in. I’ve had Smirnoff Gold which has a pleasant cinnamon flavour.
– a skin cream or mask containing gold. Here’s why.
Frankincense is derived from tree sap and you may be familiar with its aroma as it is often found in perfumes and incense sticks. However it is thought to have medicinal properties that may be beneficial to asthma and arthritis sufferers and has been used for centuries in Egyptian medicine. Here’s how you can gift it.
– as an essential oil for use in a diffuser or in a massage oil
– as a skin cleanser to improve the appearance of eczema
Similarly, myrrh is also derived from tree sap and has antifungal and antiinflammatory properties, often being used in Chinese medicine. Gift myrrh as:
– an essential oil to be used topically or in a diffuser
– a mouthwash. Myrrh has been shown to relieve pain of mouth sores, which may be caused by an inflammatory disease.
As standard, be sure to do your research to make sure there is no conflict with current traditional medicines taken by your recipient.
Will you be giving gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh this Christmas?