Perhaps you don’t want to make huge changes in your life or even commit to a program of change. Perhaps instead you just want to make some small, incremental changes in your life. That’s where something like the 21 in 21 list will come in useful.
This is like a to do list for the year, set at your own pace, and can be a number of different types of habits actions or experiences for the year.
Here are 21 suggestions for 2021.
3 Habits to Introduce For Increased Health
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day (I have a post coming up on this)
- Exercise 5 times a week: anything from a short walk or a yoga session, to swimming or a gym session. It doesn’t have to be the same each time.
- Get more sleep
3 Habits to Eliminate for Increased Health
- Quit smoking
- Stop having sugar in your tea or coffee
- Limit takeaway food to no more than twice a week
3 Habits to Introduce for Personal Development
- Read a page a day (and take notes on what you have learnt)
- Daily journaling (or morning pages)
- Introduce a morning routine
3 Habits for Increased Productivity
- Put your phone on do not disturb when you need to focus
- Schedule everything on the calendar (but give yourself some wiggle room – you don’t have to account for every minute)
- Write everything down – your brain is not a filing cabinet
3 Habits to Introduce to Help the Planet
- Choose options that use less plastic
- Buy products that don’t contain palm oil
- Make do and mend
3 Drawers to Declutter
- The junk drawer (we’ve all got one)
- Your underwear drawer
- Your kitchen utensils drawer
3 Actions to Improve Your Finances
- Track your expenditure for a month so you can see where your money is going
- Create a budget for discretionary spend
- Set up a standing order or direct debit to save between 2% and 10% of your earnings each month (every month)
COME BACK TOMORROW FOR:
Bonus tip 3!
Are you setting up a 21 for 21 list? Do you have habits or some one time to-dos on your list?
Until next time, remember, if the excess baggage is weighing you down, you can always leave it in lost luggage.